Tracks or Breadcrumbs on Oregon 300

I have upgraded from a GPS60 to an Oregon 300, and overall the new machine is brilliant. :unsure: But there is one thing which is really annoying me. The tracks draw a beeline from the place where the machine was last used to the place where you are when you turn it on. As the track is represented by a thick black line, it is very intrusive. Also, the line obviously does not represent anything worthwhile. Does anyone know a way to make the track record show only locations which have actually been recorded?

This is one of the frustrating things about my Oregon as well. I just clear the track log every time I fire it up at a new place. After a few times it just becomes habit.

Yep, I have the same issue; add this to the Oregon software quirk list.

Why has Garmin not been able to polish this software up already? I mean really, 2 years later and... theres the still issue of not being able to reset the trip computer from the actual trip computer page (so dumb), the arriving at destination message that can't be turned off, having no way of turning on/off the electronic compass from the compass page, the track log issue here... any others I am missing?

Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, but sometimes I wonder why it takes them so long and so many firmware iterations to fix small issues. :)