Anyone done any Geocaching in KAF

Andronicus

I thought I knew of an Alberta Cacher that had been over there but I can't find their logs on the current caches I searched.

Although I did find this log that I guess shows the dedication or obsession that is a requirement of geocachers.

That is a good one!

One of my colleagues was over there at a FOB when there was a mortar attack. Apparently he hid behind a concrete wall all night. He didn’t do any geocaching that night.

There is a small chance my work may send me to Kandahar (Afganastan) (I think about a 20% Chance). I see there are several (currently 7 active) caches in KAF. They all look desent. If I end up going, geocaching should help fill in some increadibly boaring down time.

I did find a geocoin from the KAF, here in NB. So there must be a few but 7 caches, I don't think you'll have 6 months of fun. The thing about hiding caches there is security. IED's are prevalent there and you don't want to be the one caught with a GPS around your neck and a taped canister in hand. My advice would be to plan your R&R to someplace you would enjoy caching. They have computer terminals there which gives you a few months to plan.