World Travel

Capt.Cache

We are adopting from China. We are past three years waiting and we wanted to send a letter of hope attached to a TB dog tag. Our initial idea was to type a letter and save it on a usb thumb drive but we aren't sure if that would be allowed across some borders and in some countries, nor were we certain if that would be wise considering what could be put on the thumb drive after it was out of our possession. Our other ideas were to laminate a letter, use a keychain book or a keychain digital photo frame.

Does anyone have any information about electronic devises crossing into other countries or does anyone have any suggestions of how we can fully express our hopes and desires and still have an appropriate item to attach to a TB.

Thank you so much.

My suggestion would be to forget about using any sort of clever electronic device - it'll either fail at some point, get nicked, or cachers just won't bother to do anything with it.

Keep it very simple, use something that you can replace easily and send out on the Copy TB tag when it goes missing (as it surely will eventually).

I searched for 'Hope keyring' on Ebay and the first hit was this:

Avon "Hope" keyring with jade charm.

f8829907-0d6d-4b77-b52f-9e380e3fc47e.jpg

Maybe something like this would be an acceptable TB item? (Although I fear that this might be too attractive to have a long life...)

Put your letter expressing your hopes for the future on the TB page itself and then a shortened version under "Current Goal". That will mean that it will appear when you 'Print Info Sheet' to include with your TB.

Good luck with your TB plans: I hope that you come up with something suitable and best wishes for the future.

MrsB :lol: