Maps won't open in IE 7 & 8

Brooklyn51

I cannot open the maps (the larger one showing surrounding caches) to any of the the caches using IE 7 and 8. I have tried two computers with Windows XP and one with Vista. At home I have IE7 and at work I use IE8. Also, my profile summary info appears under the geocaching logo on the front page and not to the upper right side like it used to. Again this is only when I use IE. They work fine in Firefox. Thanks.

I've run into this same problem today. Yesterday, all was fine. I could open a cache page, click on the map, and would immediately get the map view that I could navigate on. Today, however, I can't get the map to open at all. The small map toward the top of the page will expand but you can't zoom in or out, nor can you navigate around the map. Whasssup??? I really use this feature daily in my cache planning.

Help please!!!.

Edited by Fiver1

I've run into this same problem today. Yesterday, all was fine. I could open a cache page, click on the map, and would immediately get the map view that I could navigate on. Today, however, I can't get the map to open at all. The small map toward the top of the page will expand but you can't zoom in or out, nor can you navigate around the map. Whasssup??? I really use this feature daily in my cache planning.

Help please!!!.

Try right clicking on the map and using the open in new window command. I read that in another thread and it worked. Just not as nice as being able to just click on the map as a hot link. Oh well.

That might work but the real issue here is "Why did it all of a sudden quit working like it always has?"

There was some site maintenance last night, and now a feature doesn't work. Could have something to do with it. Hope some from GS reads these posts and looks into the matter.

That might work but the real issue here is "Why did it all of a sudden quit working like it always has?"

There was some site maintenance last night, and now a feature doesn't work. Could have something to do with it. Hope some from GS reads these posts and looks into the matter.

I will admit I was puzzled and confused about the "new enhancements", but have learned about some other things I think are for the better.

From what I read and understood in another thread, they were having some scripting issues. Apparently they're trying to incorporate some other things into this, but for now, right click and select to open in a new window. It's only one extra mouse click. Just think of it as a few extra steps to that cache!

I cannot open the maps (the larger one showing surrounding caches) to any of the the caches using IE 7 and 8. I have tried two computers with Windows XP and one with Vista. At home I have IE7 and at work I use IE8. Also, my profile summary info appears under the geocaching logo on the front page and not to the upper right side like it used to. Again this is only when I use IE. They work fine in Firefox. Thanks.

I have the same issues above but I have found that the problem with the profile summary in IE can be eased by holding the ctrl button and slightly adjusting your scroll wheel on your mouse. Try one click in one direction or another.