geocaching.loc file for my Garmin 550t: how to install?

Migs

Friends:

I am a premium member and have downloaded a geocaching.loc file for my Garmin 550t. How do I install this file into my GPS?

I'm using Mac OSX.

I installed the Firefox Garmin Communicator Add-On and had the GPS connected while I downloaded, but the file wen to my downloads folder, not the GPS.

I appreciate any advice, as I have read the Garmin manual and it doesn't say how to do it. Both the Data Card and the GPS mount on my desktop. Do I drag that file somewhere into the GPS? Id so where? Then do I need to do something on the unit itself to read in the data?

Thanks amigos,

Migs

Edited by Migs

Thank you StarBrand:

I figured out the pocket querrys and had some sent to me as GPX files, and then installed them into my GPS. Awesome! I'm going on a trip soon to the British Virgin Islands and my kids want to go geocaching. This works awesome.

Thanks again for the help.

Migs

For those that haven't sprung for the premium membership yet, there is another mac alternative for getting caches into your GPS. You can download the default .loc files of the caches you want. Then convert them to whatever format your GPS wants (in my case GPX for my Garmin) using GPSBabel (Free - OSX, Win, Linux).

Process:

First I saved a few batches of search results from geocaching.com (.loc format). Then I converted the files individually (to .gpx) using GPSBabel, then I just dragged-n-dropped the .gpx files into the GPX folder on the Garmin. Viola, little treasure chests all over the map :)

I'll definitely be getting the premium membership at some point, for the additional cache info alone. The above method with locations only worked fine to play around and test it out.

Edited by mindburp