small GPS error

I am using an Oregon 450. when I navigate by coordinates, set the coordinates for a waypoint, or other such activity involving coordinates, my GPS will not let the 3rd last number of either the north/south or east/west coordinate sets be higher than 5. For in case it has to do with the settings I'm using, I'm using the WGS 84 datum, and my position format is hddd*mm'ss.s" I'm assuming that it's just my unit, as my friend's Dakota (which is the same thing but an inch or so smaller) does not have this problem. If it's something wrong with the GPS, let me know, as it's still under warrentee, and if it's something wrong with the unit, most likely a quick fix has been found as there are no bad reviews saying this anywhere I've seen.

It's not a "firmware issue". It looks like you've set the unit for degrees, minutes, seconds but are trying to enter coordinates in degrees, decimal minutes. Set the GPS to use whatever format you're trying to enter. If they're coords from this site, they're degrees, decimal minutes (DD MM.MMM, not DD MM SS)