Maps for Oregon 200

3billygoats

Where can I find the best maps to add to my Oregon 200? I am desperate to get out caching but don't have any basemaps or anything on my new toy so I need some help. I would like to have Alberta, Saskatchewan and BC on the maps but anything additional would be great. What do you use?

We are in Calgary and I have posted this to the calgary area cachers page as well.

thanks

3 billygoats

Actually in the old days we never had any maps at all and that was actually part of the fun. Not only did you get to find the cache but you also had to find your way to the area and then find parking. Often times you would walk a long way to the cache only to find great parking a few meters away. On the other hand you could also find parking really close but this often took away from the hiders intended experience of the cache. This is what led to the birth of parking coord's.

Another old school trick was to actually print out the cache pages and take them with you on the trails. If you didn't have the page then you could have a hard time trying to find the cache. I think I still have my binder around here somewhere of all my finds.

Anyway - maps are great and a real source of pride but don't let that stop you from getting started. Just plug in the coord's hop in or on your favorite mode of transportation and have fun.

I used the second link (although it was from a previous topic) and I never needed any more maps. Still wanted topo maps, but I guess you can't get everything to work on a computer...

The link I posted earlier is for Topo Maps of Canada.....

and neither of them worked on my computer

I used the second link (although it was from a previous topic) and I never needed any more maps. Still wanted topo maps, but I guess you can't get everything to work on a computer...

The link I posted earlier is for Topo Maps of Canada.....

and neither of them worked on my computer

Did you ask anyone for help in that thread (assuming a Windows PC, not a Mac here). The Ibycus Topo project is celebrated as the best free topo maps for Canada, and he's done the entire country.

Looking at the thread, I don't see you posting anything over there. This is the wrong thread for troubleshooting Ibycus Topo so post something over there and I'll bet you get a reasonably quick answer to your problem.

Did you ask anyone for help in that thread (assuming a Windows PC, not a Mac here). The Ibycus Topo project is celebrated as the best free topo maps for Canada, and he's done the entire country.

Looking at the thread, I don't see you posting anything over there. This is the wrong thread for troubleshooting Ibycus Topo so post something over there and I'll bet you get a reasonably quick answer to your problem.

I tried Ibycus again, and now my only problem is that my GPS needs 2.5GB more memory (maybe I should have watched the videos first...)

I tried Ibycus again, and now my only problem is that my GPS needs 2.5GB more memory (maybe I should have watched the videos first...)

You don't need to send the entire thing at once to your GPS. You should be able to pick some smaller tiles and send just those. I'm only running Ibycus 2.1 here though. All of Ontario in Ibycus 2.1 is 291 MB for example.