My TB Got Muggled :(

SteveSquirrel

Hey Guys,

Long story short my TB was in a cache and the cache got vandalized and muggled. The CO replaced and moved the cache slightly. I sent him an email asking if somehow the TB survived the ordeal, but it had not. :ph34r:

My question is, what is the proper way to release the TB copy out there? Should I re-discover it on its original page and the just place it in a new cache? What would be the proper ettiquite to do this?

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice,

Stevesquirrel

Although your TB may well be missing, it is best to not hurry the release of the "copy" for some time. It is entirely possible that your Bug may reappear -- then you have some work to do to get one of them returned or otherwise taken out of circulation.

If you have multiple travelers out using a single tracking number, GS may well lock out your Bug!

Many suggest waiting thereabouts a year before a re-release. :ph34r:

If your muggled TB is Show Me Hawaii, it should be marked as "missing" by you or the cache owner. The cache still shows it in inventory.

If the has being held by another cacher or disappeared from a cache I would recommend waiting, Since the cache had been muggled you can give it a couple few weeks just to make sure the cache doesn't get returned then re-release.

You can change the traveler, name, description, mission/goal, just don't delete the logs of the people who previously assisted your bug.

You could return the copy to the same cache if you choose but personally I wouldn't bother.

I marked the item as "missing" as advised, thanks :) It seems to me that the cache was vandalized and all the pieces are gone for good, but I will wait. I dont know at this point how long Ill wait, probably a good few months :) Thanks for the advice!

I always push people to wait a year for an MIA bug. In this case you don't need to wait that long. Give it a couple three weeks and then start enjoying your bug again.