When will we cross 10,000?

rusty0101

This is certainly a notable goal!! Don't slow down now!!! I got the ol' spreadsheet out with my benchmarking statistics and this is what it said:

October 26, 2002 is when the geocaching community will have found 10,000 benchmarks.

Of course, the future is a little fuzzy. Will the rest of the benchmark hunters kept up with my furious pace (3 found in the last two weeks, in other words, not very furious)? Will nice fall weather spur on geocachers to find even more than usual? But, my answer is on the table for all to see and I'm sure someone will check back in a month or so to tell me if I'm on target or not.....

We should bump past 9000 tomorrow (pst) though it might even be tonight unless the stats page is updated only daily and has happened already. The current count is two away as I draft this. Looks like the Octobers will have it, unless we loose a significant number of northern finders due to weather in the next two weeks.

It's difficult enough trying to find these things in good weather, with leaves, brush and whatnot growing over them. Some of us are going to have to start contending with varying depths of snow in the montsh to come.

-Rusty

quote:
Originally posted by RogBarn:

October 26, 2002 is when the geocaching community will have found 10,000 benchmarks.

I proudly point to my prediction, earlier in this thread, from over a month ago. Since I check the counts in the morning, I consider this prediction to be 100% accurate since this morning is the first time I have recorded a number over 10,000. Now, if only I can get back out there and find some more for myself!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

if you look at the other thread, found here..., you might note that I posted...

posted October 25, 2002 09:05 PM October 25, 2002 09:05 PM

It be broken...

So, it did happen on the 25th. Though for people on the East coast that posting happened at 5 min after midnight, so they can claim that you are right as well.

That's the problem with time zones. there are always two days involved...

-Rusty