Cache Award system central Arizona

bafl01

I have kind of been waiting for a response from the gentleman who runs the forums and didn’t get one; maybe I wasn’t direct enough in my request for a section of the forum. Furthermore, I think a combined forum post would be more practical for the geocaching forums. I will have to move to individual pages for voting. The amount of attention this stage gets obviously determines whether I move forward or not. If the nomination thread becomes too complicated I will split it into separate threads. Finally, I have a request. if you have any interest in this moving forward at all, I would greatly appreciate you adding a copy and paste sentence to your logs at the end. Here it is: Please nominate your favorite central Arizona cache on the geocaching forums at geocaching forum or at the Arizona geocaching forums at azcachers.

These are the categories that I came up with on the limited amount of feedback I got. In your respose please type the category, the name of the cache, the GC codes, and why it is your favorite. This years nominations are limited to caches published in 2009 and before. If you have a more recent cache save it until next year!!

Terrain Less Than or Equal to 2

Best Traditional

Best Multi

Best Mystery

Terrain Greater Than or Equal to 2.5

Best Traditional

Best Multi

Best Mystery

Best/most creative container of cammo

Best cache page/ description historical or informational

Best cache page/description humorous

I am thinking about hosting a “nomination event” in the near future. I have not been as active on this as I would like because I am finishing my first year of teaching.

Again, please post the sentence in some of your logs directing people here. "geocaching forum or at the Arizona geocaching forums at azcachers"

Edited by bafl01

I personally would like to nominate:

In the category off Unknown Cache with a terrain of 2 or less

910.285 GC57C8

I have heard that this type of cache exist all over the country but this is the only one i have found and this library was built when i was a kid so it is a great reason to come back here. the log book is amazing and it is a must do in central phoenix.

In the catagory of traditional caches with bellow 2 terrain

DESERT-PLUMBING #1 GCXE3D

a well constructed, clean, and creative cache. This cache is so friendly that it greets you when you walk up. It is a welcome break during the sun valley parkway

best cache container or cammo

CHICKEN IN A BASKET GC1JX89

this is a funny creative and well put together cache with plenty of room for water safe items and a must do stop when and if you do the sun valley parkway power trail

best historical cache description

View of UFO Crash Site -- Weird Arizona GC1Y5NX

xfiles theme wins

best multi higher than 2 star terrain

Up On Cloud 9 GCH727

this is a long multi with a lot of up and downs and a very mysterious site. The restaurant burnt down and no one really knows what happened. they were even building a tram up to it, yet there seems to be sooooo little information about it. this multi will take you around the mountain. DO IT, it may take you more than one try but it is worth it or if you started early you could knock it out pretty quick.

I am adding a few nominations.

Best Traditional w/ Terrain 2 or less:

The Disconnector: On the Path to Nowhere

We are suckers for finding large sized caches, and it always excites us to find one not in a yard, and not in the middle of nowhere. It's one of those caches, that we walked up to early on in our caching "career" and said "NO WAY!" before nervously moving the structure to reveal the cache.

Best Mystery w/ Terrain 2 or less:

Fire Tack Night Hunt

There is something serene and unique about the desert at night, (the sound of owls, bats flying by) that makes this cache top my list. It is a beautiful night time hike, just long enough to enjoy the whole experience.