Magellen GPS problems with uploading caches

So... a couple weeks ago I found out we can upload caches to the Magellen GPS's. I was SUPER EXCITED and did it. Next day my hubby went out caching and our triton 300 had an internal error and was completely messed up. It kept turning itself off and it wouldn't turn back on. I spent 45 min on the phone with Magellen and I ended up getting it replaced by the company (they were really cool about the whole situation). Now my sister (who lives in AZ) has a Triton 500 and she has been uploading straight from gc.com also. Now she's getting the error message! YIKES! Anyone else having this problem? I'm scared to upload caches on my new unit!

So... a couple weeks ago I found out we can upload caches to the Magellen GPS's. I was SUPER EXCITED and did it. Next day my hubby went out caching and our triton 300 had an internal error and was completely messed up. It kept turning itself off and it wouldn't turn back on. I spent 45 min on the phone with Magellen and I ended up getting it replaced by the company (they were really cool about the whole situation). Now my sister (who lives in AZ) has a Triton 500 and she has been uploading straight from gc.com also. Now she's getting the error message! YIKES! Anyone else having this problem? I'm scared to upload caches on my new unit!

Well, I don't know if this is related or not. I have an eXplorist GC and I tried twice today to upload caches to my GC from VP after I loaded a new PQ1K into VP. When I run the sync option the program freezes or crashes. I was however able to load the PQ1K that I generated into GSAK along with the associated waypoints and then have it transfer the caches to the GC without a problem. My GPS is working fine as well, hasn't given me any problems since I uploaded the caches.

Someone posted around here that if a cache has a child waypoint, it'll cause problems.

Not to sound ignorant... but what's a child waypoint?? :ph34r:

(oops... double post)

A child waypoint is just a waypoint attached to a cache, probably a multi-cache where they give you several waypoints with clues so you can find the missing numbers for the last waypoint.