microsd card brands

mekski6

I don't have an Oregon but I have used Toshiba and Kingston microSD with no problems. I almost always use Kingston SD cards; out of six cards only one has worn out and that was after years of use. In contrast I've had a SanDisk SD card die the week after I purchased it.

I am looking to purchase a few MicroSD cards for my Garmin Oregon 200. Any particular brand of card and what size works better? Also, any suggestions for the best type of batteries to purchase for this unit? Thanks much for your help.

No suggestion on the MicroSD, but I'd highly recommend Eneloop batteries. I use them on in my Oregon 550t and GPSMAP 60CSx. Excellent batteries...

If you tend to store your batteries for some weeks before using, Eneloop is definitely the way to go. If you plan to just charge your batteries a day or two before using it, then any reputable brand will do. The ones that came with my LaCrosse BC-9009 works well. I have a set of Eneloops and a set of alkalines with me, just in case.

If you're only using it very occasionally, you may want to consider disposable lithiums (there are no rechargable lithiums for the Oregon).

I use Patriot microSHDC because they were the ones on sale when I bought the memory. It's about the same price as Kingston.

Best price per GB I've seen for µSDHC is SanDisk 16GB at Office Depot - $32 + tax, free shipping. If link doesn't work just search for it. Don't know how long it will last. I haven't had a SanDisk card die on me, but take WildHog's experience into account. At least SanDisk is a large manufacturer, and will stand behind their products. It is unlikely you will need so much memory, however, so you may want to just get a smaller memory card. I use a 8GB on mine without any problem