Refurbished vs New

I have noticed a big price difference between new and refurbished 60csx's. This is the unit I want but am unsure of the refurb's. Enlighten me please.

If your getting them from a reputable dealer (amazon.com, bestbuy.com, etc) I would buy it. If it is from ebay.com I would pass. Ask the question about warranty. You generally don't get a 1 year warranty, but at least a 90 day warranty. If you send a unit to garmin under warranty what you get back is a refurb. I have gone that route several times with out grief and consider them just like new.

Edit: Froogle for a gpsmap60csx and you have lots of choices. PCNation.com has a 1year warrenty on refurbs. I've found PCNation to be a reputable dealer.

Edited by jholly

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 265WT for the car, refurbished from Tigerdirect.

When it arrived it was like brand new, I could not tell it was ever used, even when it was first turned on. After getting it going I went to Garmin's website to register it, Garmin gave me the FREE map update as advertised, and all went well, no troubles.

It seems like someone opened the box, said "never mind", closed it, and it was sent back to Garmin.... who knows, but it is working fine!

Maybe I got lucky, but I would do it again on a small item like this.