Timer

RusticScout

I can't seem to get my cartridge to work at the last stage.

I basically have the cartridge set up so that if you do this walk in ten minutes the final location is revealed. However if you do not make the walk in the ten minutes then it is suppose to show a message and make another zone active and visible. I cannot get the second part of the to work.

Anyone have any ideas? I can send the file to you. Everything is set and working all except the ending if you don't make the time.

this is how you should do it:

set up the timer so that "when the timer ticks", you show a message and make your zone active and visible

set up the walk so that "when the player enters the zone" (for the final zone of the walk), timer is stopped and final location is revealed

start the timer wherever you need it

logic goes like this:

timer is started and runs for ten minutes. when it finishes (this means a *tick*, not a stop. yes, it's confusing), it assumes that you didn't make it and shows you the alternate zone.

if you make it in time, you stop the timer before it reaches the end.

sort of like a timebomb - it explodes unless you cut the wires in time.

if you are doing it like this, it should work.

Edited by matejcik

this is how you should do it:

set up the timer so that "when the timer ticks", you show a message and make your zone active and visible

set up the walk so that "when the player enters the zone" (for the final zone of the walk), timer is stopped and final location is revealed

start the timer wherever you need it

logic goes like this:

timer is started and runs for ten minutes. when it finishes (this means a *tick*, not a stop. yes, it's confusing), it assumes that you didn't make it and shows you the alternate zone.

if you make it in time, you stop the timer before it reaches the end.

sort of like a timebomb - it explodes unless you cut the wires in time.

if you are doing it like this, it should work.

Is there anyway I can send you my cartridge for you to look at? It is all finished. I just know basics and no matter which way I have tried to set it up the full thin doesn't work, only one part of it will work at the end.

How should I do to display it in Hours:Minutes:Seconds?

You can convert a number to seconds to an H:M:S string in Lua with

os.date("%X",numberofseconds)

But I'm not sure how you use that information with Urwigo.

Thanks. I have added the question with your input to the Urwigo thread.