Fun and cheap cache goodies

estrelle

What do you think of this homemade scorpion for swag? It is made of copper wire and seems appropos for the desert around here. Is it too cheap?

CIMG1009.jpg

Not too cheap, but a bit too scary. Maybe you should put in inside a plastic bag.

That is sweet! I'd trade for that lol. But yeah put it in a plastic bag or mabey taped to a note card that says "Scorpion metal art by Azisbest."

What do you think of this homemade scorpion for swag? It is made of copper wire and seems appropos for the desert around here. Is it too cheap? I guess I'm asking, would you keep it if you found it in a cache?

CIMG1009.jpg

if I found that, i'd probably make it into a travel bug[no pun intended]

The scorpion shown is probably an inch and a half long. They can be made larger or smaller. They are easy to crush so I can only put them in some containers.

I'm trying to think of inexpensive containers you can put that in to prevent it from being crushed but drawing a blank. It need not be waterproof, because you can put the scorpion in a ziploc, or put the container in a ziploc. Besides, copper doesn't turn to mush in water :ph34r:

Anyone have a good suggestion? Re-purposing a container that normally gets tossed, available for free in quantity from some business, would be the best solution.

Edited by Chrysalides

My wife has been crocheting bracelets as our signature trade item. Their simple ones so far but she is working on learning to crochet small designs that can be keychains or pendants or just a keepsake. We've only left a few so far but I think they are nicer that a couple of some of the junk we have been finding.

I love the scorpion. I'm a Reinforcing Ironworker and if you know what that is then you know how much I work with wire. I've been trying to think of something small to make out of wire myself.

The scorpion shown is probably an inch and a half long. They can be made larger or smaller. They are easy to crush so I can only put them in some containers.

I'm trying to think of inexpensive containers you can put that in to prevent it from being crushed but drawing a blank. It need not be waterproof, because you can put the scorpion in a ziploc, or put the container in a ziploc. Besides, copper doesn't turn to mush in water :anicute:

Anyone have a good suggestion? Re-purposing a container that normally gets tossed, available for free in quantity from some business, would be the best solution.

I think it's Gerber that makes a baby food that comes in a plastic rectangle container w/reusable lid. My 5 yr old loves baby food prunes (odd, I know but why fight it! LOL) and I save the containers. Maybe ask friends with babies if they have any.