Map install on Oregon

Ok, I got my Oregon 550 yesterday. I've loaded it with PQ caches, Wherigo's and I've even got my name on the start-up screen. But I'm having an smrt moment. I've downloaded a map from GPSFiledepot and I can't get it to show up on the Garmin. I've loaded it on the unit but nothing shows up in the Map tab. What file folder do I put it in and in what format?

If anyone knows of any other good free source maps for BC Canada, road, trail etc I'd love the info.

Another question. Do I need to create a special folder or directory for maps on my memory card?

Ok, I really got it now. When I "install" something I am naive in thinking I am done, at least when it comes to maps. I finally figured out that downloading it was only part of the fun. I ran it through the right channels and now have a great topo, trail & street map on my Garmin.

I know I'm going to love it but it sure is a heck of alot easier using the Groundspeak app on Iphone.