Found one not listed, not even by direct entry...

Rubbertoe

Found a few benchmarks today - there were 4 within a few hundred feet of each other, however - one of those that I found, and perhaps the second one as well... I'm unable to log them, because I can't bring them up on the site here.

The ones that I did log, were JY1709, JY1708, and JY1423. However, there was another one - a disc - which I found, but could not find an entry for.

Doing a search at http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/ds_radius.prl I found that one of the markers that I logged referred to PIDs numbered CE6802 and CE6801 - and I can't find any info on either one of those.

I'm fairly certain I logged the correct benchmarks, but now I am wondering if the CE6801 or CE6802 PIDs are one of the others that I found.

Any info you can give is appreciated.

Oh, and is there an easy way to see what benchmarks someone has found? Kinda like how you can click the profile and see caches owned/found?

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

quote:

The ones that I did log, were JY1709, JY1708, and JY1423. However, there was another one - a disc - which I found, but could not find an entry for.

JY1709 is a reference disk.

JY1708 is a triangulation disk. From your picture, it appears the surface mark is gone or at least disturbed, but there is a sub-surface mark, 2.3 feet underground. That can be used to re-establish the surface mark by those who know what they're doing.

JY1423 appears to be the water pipe.

If you read the descriptions, you will see mention of various reference disks. They may or may not have they own entry in the database. JY1709 and your mystery disk are both reference disks. Note that the arrows on them point to the main disk, JY1708. Apparently there were other reference disks that are gone now. From what I can tell, your mystery disk is not in the database.

Not sure about CE6802 and CE6801, I can't find them at the NGS site.