Benchmarking Second Class Status

ArtMan

I've just posted the following to the Geocaching.com Discussion forum. If you agree with me, feel free to voice your opinion in that forum (where I think it is more likely to draw the attention of the Powers That Make Such Decisions).

_________

Benchmark hunting is offered in a "new" section via a link buried in the text section of the home page.

Since this popular activity is a year old, it seems to me it can hardly be described as "new," and this sort of link seems awkward.

Why not add a Benchmarking tab to the left side of the page with all the other tabs?

ArtMan -

I agree with this idea. It's a part of the geocaching site that relates to the real world and should have a prominent place on the site.

I'd also suggest that 2 more tabs be added - the Cache Logs Gallery and the Benchmarks Gallery. Both of these are fun to look through and they're not as obvious on the site as they should be, in my opinion. The Cache Logs Gallery in particular shows a lot of people having fun with geocaching and that should be featured on the site.