Scouts

Skip1psc

I'm a Scout leader here in the UK and explained the great fun you can have doing Geocache. The Scouts are now keen to get out with our own GPS's with their own families. They asked if we could put a cache on the Scouts land just outside our boundary fence (we own that land too) I said I'd ask you guys first.

Some considerations:

"Scout land" - do you normally invite everyone to come on to the "scout land" unchallenged and any time of the day or night? That is what will happen with a cache.

Who will maintain it if there are problems?

:D The land the Scouts would like to use is outside the perimeter fence. The Scout centre is in use 7 days a week so many people are about the place but you have made valid points worth considering carefully, thanks.

scout leader here in usa as well, have looked at several of the "scout preservations" & see them around but not on the preservation. same feeling as others is amount of traffic at all times & ours has a gate that is locked with park ranger on duty.

another way would to do a cache & only "post it " & print it for use only to scouts while they are there using the facilty.