bug owners are mia

jeepcrzy

I have a jeep TB that the owner last logged in 6 years ago in 2004. Rather silly to keep passing it on. How can ownership be changed>

jeepcrzy koopr@aol.com

No forced adoption of trackables or geocaches allowed. And I think letting the TB continue to travel is the ethical thing to do.

I have a jeep TB that the owner last logged in 6 years ago in 2004. Rather silly to keep passing it on. How can ownership be changed>

jeepcrzy koopr@aol.com

The question I would ask is why does a travel bug the moves along nicely need a currently active owner? Does an active owner make something better or nicer about moving the bug? Move it and log it and the world is a better place.

jeepcrzy koopr@aol.com

The jeep bugs were a corporate sponsored project. There was never an owner that would respond much less log into the site from time to time.

Just follow the goal: Log your visit, and move me to a new geocache!

Just because an owner hasn't logged into the site recently doesn't mean they don't still receive any email.

And there are people other than just the owner who like to see where a bug goes.

You can still enjoy assisting a bug even if you aren't sharing the experience with that one person who released it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I believe the "owner" of the Jeep TB he is referring to is Corporate. No log on site since 2004, no caches found, no caches hidden, no trackables moved, but trackables owned?? WOW!!! 5000 Jeep 4x4 TB's and 5001- 2005 White Jeep TB's.!!! Shows "not validated member" on profile with "send message" disabled because of that reason.

Nevertheless, I would keep it moving. Keeping it would be just wrong. (IMHO)

Looks like the one you have has 4 people watching it, so even if the owner were not interested, those folks presumably are.

Well, anyway...to actually answer the question...adoptions must be carried out by the current owner of an Traveler/Cache, so if you want to do the work, you might try finding out who manages that account and ask them for an adoption. Here's a tool that I think works for making the official request.

http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Looks like the one you have has 4 people watching it, so even if the owner were not interested, those folks presumably are.

Well, anyway...to actually answer the question...adoptions must be carried out by the current owner of an Traveler/Cache, so if you want to do the work, you might try finding out who manages that account and ask them for an adoption. Here's a tool that I think works for making the official request.

http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

I think if you are allowed to adopt one jeep bug you should be required to adopt them all. Better clear some space on your email inbox before you start though. :P

A little more research reveals the "owner" is an anonymous part of the "Corporate Sponsorship" group that put on the Jeep Geocaching Challenge. This group, according to the website (http://jeep.geocaching.com ) includes "in partnership- Rodale Magazines, and websites including Backpacker.com, bestlifeonline.com, Bicycling.com, MensHealth.com, RunnersWorld.com, Womenshealthmag.com, and ScubaDiving.com."

The website gives every indication that the "owners" are indeed watching the movement of all the Jeep TB's, as the same logging/tracking info is linked on their website!!

Some interesting reading can be found at the website linked above. I would think it would be possible to contact at least someone monitoring this website, if you have any questions. The website lists the contact email as Jeep@geocaching.com.

Hope this helps!!!

edit-correct links

Edited by NeecesandNephews