Odd trackable copy geocoin that I found

FunnyNose

It's not new, do a search for the term "proxy" and you'll find a lot of discussion around this practice.

Some people fear losing their actual coins so they only release "copies" or "proxies" for people to find/move so that they still get the icon for discovering it.

Some don't mind this practice, others despise it. Opinions vary. :)

Yes I have seen lots of proxies, this one however they don't want you to grab or retrieve it.

And from the looks of it there are at least 2 copies of it.

I found it on the Oregon coast on the 30Mar.

The copy is still on my desk and it got discovered in Germany on the 4Apr

After trying to translate the page it sounds to me like they dropped off several copies of the original coin in several places during their vacation on Oregon. Then ask for discovery only so they don't get mixed up with the original coin that is in Europe.

using google translator

These copies were intended as a confirmation for our summer event and not for distribution. Now, have some self-made and so we make a virtue of necessity: it along with you, leave it in the cache, they spread, shows them around as you like, but only discovert, maybe you write where you found it.

If i have understood the coin page right, they made some copies of their for an event they hold and some cacher took them and placed them in caches without the permission of the owner.

Now there are many copies of the same coin. They shall be moved, or be discovered, but not grabbed, because they still have the original coin at home.

So it was kind a of an accident that there are copies and now its the mission of the coin to be discovered by many people in many countries :)

Edited by Dark Elf