Birds Eye Problem

jlally

I am trying to put a BirdsEye into my Garmin 400t. BirdsEye seems to be working fine in Basecamp. The problem I am having is that Basecamp is trying to load setup information into the 400t main memory. This process seems to be taking a very long time. I do not see any movement on the progress bar. Any ideas or suggestions?

I had the same problem and was concerned it was just not doing anything. I opened up the directory where the data is stored on my Garmin and could see that it was indeed moving stuff over... it just takes an *amazing* amount of time to move very small amounts of data... hopefully they will address the many issues quickly and will add some sort of progress bar so we'll at least have some idea that something is indeed happening and maybe even some idea how long it'll take to happen...

When you start the download button, make sure the "load info to gps" button is unchecked. That way you're just downloading to the computer, and can unconnect the gps during the download (it only needs to see the gps at the start of the download). Once it's all downloaded, which can take a very long time right now as it's a new product, you can transfer the images to your gps by right clicking and choosing send images to card, or if you're on a mac, just dragging the file onto the card tab. The actual transfer of the images to the gps should only take a few minutes this way.