RBG & Geocaching

JoPo2010

Hi all,

I'd like to combine two of my interests--geocaching and the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, Ontario. I tried doing a search using RBG's postal code, but then I get geocaches in the entire surrounding area. How can I limit results to caches just on RBG property?

Thanks,

JoPo2010

Hi all,

I'd like to combine two of my interests--geocaching and the Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington, Ontario. I tried doing a search using RBG's postal code, but then I get geocaches in the entire surrounding area. How can I limit results to caches just on RBG property?

Thanks,

JoPo2010

Download the KML attachment to google earth and zoom in to your desired location--any caches in there will show up and you can then pick and choose (TY)

To limit the results to RBG, I would get a GIS shapefile for RBG (or create one using Google Earth if you know the boundaries - save it as GPX) and use GSAK with an ARC filter to drop results outside that shapefile. A prerequisite for that is to use Pocket Queries, and import those into GSAK.

Now, the question is at one point do you get diminishing rewards for the work invested. The GIS/Shapefile+GSAK approach is kinda like using a Rube Goldberg Machine to catch a mouse when all you need is a simple mousetrap.

The EASY method to see what caches are inside RBG is to look at the caches using the "Map it!" feature found at http://www.geocaching.com/my and eyeball the result, or view it in Google Earth, as the others have posted above.