Vista HCx broke...bought a Dakota 20

Well, for those of you who saw my post last week, my Vista HCx is broke :D I called Garmin support and he said it would need to be sent in for repair at a flat rate of $89.

I kind of wanted a new (touch screen) GPS anyway, so I bought a Dakota 20 and I think I will give the (repaired) Vista to my hubby.

Any drawbacks to the Dakota 20? I am anxiously awaiting its arrival, even though I just ordered it about 20 mins ago, LOL!!

Thanks!

Helga

Drawbacks? You may well find that it isn't as easy to get a WAAS satellite lock as it was when you were using your Vista, and if my experience is any guide, it will take longer to get settled coordinates, partly due to that, partly just because that's how it is. We keep hoping to see them address the former problem as was evidently successfully done by another manufacturer who uses the same GPS chip.

Apart from that, it's feature city by comparison. I think you're going to like it.