GPS Display

I'm looking for a GPS unit that has a full screen, three line display of Lat, Long & Alt.

The biggest three line display possible to enhance Benchmark documentation in recovery photographs.

If someone has such an animal, please send me the mage and model and I'll investigate further.

I'm looking for a GPS unit that has a full screen, three line display of Lat, Long & Alt.

The biggest three line display possible to enhance Benchmark documentation in recovery photographs.

If someone has such an animal, please send me the mage and model and I'll investigate further.

Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx/76CSx/Oregon is what you're looking for. You can customize the data fields to show Lat/Lon and elevation. It's how I determined that some of the signposts on one of the pedestrian trails in the city where I live had incorrect coordinates on them.

Edited by DENelson83

Two alternatives:

Use a gps like the Garmin Oregon 550 which Geotags photos so you can navigate back to them. The Oregon does not display the coordinates in the actual photo, though.

Or, use whatever digital camera you want, keeping a gps on with you and use software like http://robogeo.com to place the coordinates into the photo afterwards.

Here's an example from the RoboGeo site: stamp5.jpg

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

I know my Etrex Vista Cx has a "giant text" option on it's stats page that will show 3 data fields HUGE on the display.. but I'm not sure if it will show those 3 specific fields. When I get home I can check that.. but it does sound exactly what you're asking for.

& Dr Jeckle, that's pretty neat looking software! I was using one called GPisync (or something like that :unsure: ) that worked quite well too although it didn't embed the info into the photo it just adds coordinates into the EXIF data

I know my Etrex Vista Cx has a "giant text" option on it's stats page that will show 3 data fields HUGE on the display.. but I'm not sure if it will show those 3 specific fields. When I get home I can check that.. but it does sound exactly what you're asking for.

& Dr Jeckle, that's pretty neat looking software! I was using one called GPisync (or something like that :unsure: ) that worked quite well too although it didn't embed the info into the photo it just adds coordinates into the EXIF data

Adding the Geolocation info to the photo is optional and done in a separate process once the photos are uploaded to a computer.

Use a gps like the Garmin Oregon 550 which Geotags photos so you can navigate back to them. The Oregon does not display the coordinates in the actual photo, though.

It seems you want a screen shot of the location information. The Colorado (i think) but definately the Oregon have screenshot capability. Setup/Display/ScreenShot/On and a short press of the power button saves a beautiful picture of the screen.

Perhaps this is what you need? Don't know if it'll go full screen.

Benchmark_8525.jpg

Here's a shot of my Legend C showing the largest text I think you can get on the screen, in the Large Text view of the Trip Computer:

SANY0885.JPG

You can change the data fields on that screen to show whatever you want. Just use the [Menu] key.