Newbie - Abbreviation Question

bc3737

OK here's another one... TOTT?

I found it here at GC1DGCN and it's not listed in the caching dictionary.

That would be "tools of the trade" Meaning some of the things experienced cachers might carry, like mirrors, magnets on a stalk, length of wire, long stick, "grabber" tool, flashlight ect.

edit to correct spelling

Edited by NeecesandNephews
OK here's another one... TOTT?

I found it here at GC1DGCN and it's not listed in the caching dictionary.

That would be "tools of the trade" Meaning some of the things experienced cachers might carry, like mirrors, magnets on a stalk, length of wire, long stick, "grabber" tool, flashlight ect.

edit to correct spelling

Thanks you!

I can be a lazy guy at times, and was disappointed that this wasn't directly posted as an answer to the OP Question.

So, in an effort to save anyone else from this terribly difficult task (just kidding... ;) ) I figured I'd go ahead and post in the C&P from the above provided Link that was shared. :unsure:

"A GRC or Guard Rail Cache is a term used to describe any cache that is hidden on a guard rail, this is often used as a derogatory term by cachers who don't like Guard Rail Caches."

This might be of assistance to some of the more 'casual readers' here at the forums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the record I'll also list the 2 that I just used here within.

OP = Original Poster (of the Question or Topic)

C&P (one I think I made up myself, but maybe others have used it too....) Copy & Paste.

I'm glad I happened to see this topic here tonight, cause I wasn't familiar with GRC either. Now I know, huh? Also, an LPC is a "Lamp Post Cache", also sometimes said derogatorily, as these aren't exactly what some cachers consider as a unique cache. In case you don't know, many Lamp Posts have a skirt that can be lifted up around where the actual Post is bolted to it's foundation. Thus, there is room for a Micro Cache that is often labeled as an LPC.

That said about the LPC's, I've found two myself and I liked them enough that I decided to Hide one as well. To make mine somewhat Unique, the Container itself is a stripped out "AA" sized Mini Maglite Flashlight. :(

Heck, I've even gotten some compliments in the logs so far! One log told me that it was "very illuminating!" :laughing: Check out GC23G1D if interested in seeing that particular cache listing. I thought it was pretty clever myself.