Surface area on Lowrance Endura (Safari).

Can this be done?, walk thru a perimeter and make calculations to get the surface area. Also I notice the "advanced" feautures of these GARMIN DAKOTA devices that includes: solunar tables, daylight start and end, calculator. Can these ultra advanced features be added to the endura series? it will make it an OUTDOOR GPS (at least comparable), I love my Endura SAFARI but these options are GREAT for a Hunter or Fisherman...

Don't you think?

Can this be done?, walk thru a perimeter and make calculations to get the surface area. Also I notice the "advanced" feautures of these GARMIN DAKOTA devices that includes: solunar tables, daylight start and end, calculator. Can these ultra advanced features be added to the endura series? it will make it an OUTDOOR GPS (at least comparable), I love my Endura SAFARI but these options are GREAT for a Hunter or Fisherman...

Don't you think?

We think alike! It seems as though the feature set on the Endura series was an Lowrance after thought. I've been badgering Lowrance to get their act in gear and get these features added in their updates in, hopefully, the near future. Funny but their other previous units had these features so I think it's reasonable for us to DEMAND these features also. If you feel like harping on someone in a position to influence, PM the Endura Expert on these forums (Technology Forum mostly I think ...).

Be Safe.

N

Don't you think?

I have sunrise and sunset times displayed on my trip computer page for my Endura Out&Back (the one with the black background and the 4 sections for stats). It doesn't come preloaded that way though. You have to click on each section and change it to the sunrise time for one and the sunset time for the other. I usually add the clock to another section so I know what time it currently is versus what time is legal.

It would be nice to have the area calculation for hunting as it would allow me to double check the number of available hunting acres in a hunting lease. I guess if a food plot area was big enough, it would help measure square feet so I could know how much seed to buy too.

Don't you think?

I have sunrise and sunset times displayed on my trip computer page for my Endura Out&Back (the one with the black background and the 4 sections for stats). It doesn't come preloaded that way though. You have to click on each section and change it to the sunrise time for one and the sunset time for the other. I usually add the clock to another section so I know what time it currently is versus what time is legal.

It would be nice to have the area calculation for hunting as it would allow me to double check the number of available hunting acres in a hunting lease. I guess if a food plot area was big enough, it would help measure square feet so I could know how much seed to buy too.

As mentioned by Native20559, why walk two steps forward if you have to get back three. If these are basic options on older devices why new ones does not include them, they at Lowrance must plan and act forward keeping all these options available on portable - multi-use - devices (Outdoors: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Running, Geocaching and many more).

WHY?!!

As mentioned by Native20559, why walk two steps forward if you have to get back three. If these are basic options on older devices why new ones does not include them, they at Lowrance must plan and act forward keeping all these options available on portable - multi-use - devices (Outdoors: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Running, Geocaching and many more). WHY?!!

Who knows what these people are thinking. When Garmin introduced the Colorado series, rather than building on the great feature set of the 60CSX, they started from scratch and eliminated many of the features that the 60CSX has. It's why the Colorado was never on my Amazon.com wish list.