Lost Password

Earl B. Fisk

A fried of mine (it's not me, really) has a problem with getting back into her gc.com account. She lost her computer, which she had her password and no where else), and had canceled the email account (charter.net) that she was receiving gocaching emails at. Is she SOL or is there some method to get her password somehow. I suggested that if she can't get the password back that she could open a new account and reenter all her logs (about 100), but this sounds like a lot of work if there is an easier way.

Any suggestions would help a lot. Thanks.

If your friend (cough, you, cough :laughing: ) can gain access to her old email address, email contact@Groundspeak.com and the fabulous ladies and gentlemen would be happy to send the password reminder. If that's not an option, then yes, just like you suggested, she can sign up for a new free account at this page:

http://www.geocaching.com/login/new.aspx

She is welcome to re-log her finds under the new account, as long as she indicates as such in the logs.

Happy caching! :P