etrex Summit HC Memory Issues?

ZipDawg

Hi there,

I'm new to Geocaching and GPS use in general. I have a brand new etrex Summit HC. I haven't used it for anything other than Geocaching. I have been trying to download geocache locations from geocaching.com. I hit a point where I had maybe 20 caches saved and it quit saving them. So I deleted some and it still won't let me load anymore. So now it seems to be maxed out at 11 caches. I know this can't be right, especially since I had more in there to begin with. Any suggestions?

Do you get an error or other message when you try to save them?

How exactly are you trying to get them over to the unit?

There's no error message, it didn't even tell me it wasn't really saving them. I'm "sending them to GPS" via a USB cable and the geocaching.com web site. The web site would say that it was "successfully sent" and the GPS gives me no error, it just doesn't show up.

are they over 50 miles from your current location? If so try searching by name to see them.

Yup - that would be my guess........

Thanks! It looks like that was what it was, when I did a name search it came up. It's amazing how little information is in the manual for this thing!