Preview Profile Details - not working?

2lingpa

Hi,

I remember that when I added the HTML code for my Profile, the Preview Profile Details-link would directly show me the result. That was only a couple of months ago.

When I now do the same, I just see the code I added.

Checked it on a different PC and that has the same results.

Other users can see my profile just fine, so it is not the code that is causing it as I initially thought.

Is there a setting that I need to change on my end or is it something site related?

tia,

2lingPa

I've been updating my profile every Tuesday for the last few weeks, and today it behaved just as you've described. Previously, the preview window showed the profile correctly rather than the HTML code I got today.

It seems OK when viewing it normally, si I presume it's a new bug on the website :)

Chris

We have a bug open for this. At the moment the profile preview and the profile itself are not run through the same filtering tools. For the moment it would be better to open a new browser tab showing your public profile so you can preview changes there.

Even when this used to work, previewing a profile displayed differently than just viewing the profile. The preview was perfect, whereas the html of the regular profile would be changed a lot in some places. An html programming friend of mine mentioned something about the possibility of different 'style sheets' used between preview and view. Will this be fixed as well? Thanks.

We have a bug open for this. At the moment the profile preview and the profile itself are not run through the same filtering tools. For the moment it would be better to open a new browser tab showing your public profile so you can preview changes there.

Even when this used to work, previewing a profile displayed differently than just viewing the profile. The preview was perfect, whereas the html of the regular profile would be changed a lot in some places. An html programming friend of mine mentioned something about the possibility of different 'style sheets' used between preview and view. Will this be fixed as well? Thanks.

the preview doesnot work (a part of the HTMLcode is not correct : -EYEY&chxl=1:|2007||||2008||||||||||||2009||||||||||||2010||&chco=0000ff,ff0000,ff0000,ff0000,ff0000

But the main profile itself does not show the complete statistics? What makes the problem? GSAK or this bug in GC.com ?