Setting distance proximately in an Oregon 400T.

mutt&bob

Is there a procedure to set the distance proximately (Oregon400T) for Geocaching?? I had a 60Scx and when you turned it on and went to Geocaches it put them in order as to distance from where you were. Now on the 400T the Geocaches are out of order (distance).

Far way caches show-up closer and they are scattered in order. This causes me to drive by and miss some caches.

Can someone tell me how to set them a distance order.

?

It should default to centring the search around you.

Failing that, hit the 'Geocaches' icon, and then the target button at the bottom. After that choosing 'My Current Location' should re-centre your search.

Aside from that, I feel the need to give my general advice on the matter though - Look at the map and not the list. You should see the icon as you drive by it.

?

It should default to centring the search around you.

Failing that, hit the 'Geocaches' icon, and then the target button at the bottom. After that choosing 'My Current Location' should re-centre your search.

Aside from that, I feel the need to give my general advice on the matter though - Look at the map and not the list. You should see the icon as you drive by it.

Thanks I'll give this a try.

I have an Oregon 400t, and it puts the geocaches in order of distance from my current location. This is the page I get when go to Geocaches -> Find a Geocache

I looked through the Setup and did not find a way to change the sorting. I can't think of any other way you'd want to sort them. Have you checked to see whether your software version is up to date? Mine is at 3.50. You can get free updates from the Garmin web site.