Time stamp inaccurate

Balcanthez

Using my Oregon to upload field notes, after making the log entries I'm finding the logs (on my profile page) are recording as the next day. I live on the West coast, and believe the time stamp is not recording correctly for my time zone, and may be the issue for other problems I see on the message boards.

Using my Oregon to upload field notes, after making the log entries I'm finding the logs (on my profile page) are recording as the next day. I live on the West coast, and believe the time stamp is not recording correctly for my time zone, and may be the issue for other problems I see on the message boards.

See post in "Release Notes 2/24/10" thread if you want more details. But this is what is happening:

1. Your field notes are recorded as GMT. If you find a cache at 9 p.m. today, it will be recorded as 3 a.m. tomorrow GMT.

2. When you view your Field Notes summary, it is displayed as local time (according to your time zone, which you set presumably to Pacific time). It shows "9 p.m.".

3. When you click "Submit Log" it uses the date from the original field notes - tomorrow's date.

OpinioNate says that an actual fix will take some time. In the meantime (pun unintended), what you can do is to have a small application convert your field notes to local time, then set your time zone to GMT+0.