Suggestion : Create a route link on cache page

dougsmiley

With the new-ish feature of using google maps to create a user route, how about a link down with the maps, or even up with the gpx download, that is simply, create a route to this cache. Perhaps have it default with the user's home coords but make it easily changeable (leave the text box there, editable) to somewhere else if desired.

This would be especially nice for events and stuff. Just now I am creating a route from my friend's house to an event that is tomorrow. Instead of manually cut and pasting or typing stuff in, I could of clicked this link on the cache page, and put in his location as the from address.

While you're at it, how about a PQ around this location link. Would be great to just go to an event page, click it, and have it automatically pop up the PQ creation page with the coordinates auto-populated.

I'm sure this is all also possible with userscripts, so this is for you folks that make those too!

I could of ran both the PQs i need for tomorrow without ever touching the keyboard!

how about a link down with the maps, or even up with the gpx download, that is simply, create a route to this cache. Perhaps have it default with the user's home coords

Do you mean something like the "Driving Directions" link on the cache page right next to the "Print: No logs 5 logs 10 logs" line?

(Once you get the Google Maps display you can change the starting location if you want from your home coordinates to something else.)

Edited by beejay&esskay