Is mentioning an upcoming event in a log REALLY advertising?

joespaz

well anywho, i already said I will probably be going :blink:

a group of friends and I are going geocaching in san francisco during the day, which will end at about 5pm. so depending on how some of us are feeling (hungry), we might stop by.

plus you have two of my brand new travel bugs i placed in dublin! xD

well anywho, i already said I will probably be going :blink:

a group of friends and I are going geocaching in san francisco during the day, which will end at about 5pm. so depending on how some of us are feeling (hungry), we might stop by.

plus you have two of my brand new travel bugs i placed in dublin! xD

BRING YOUR CAMERAS! SHOULD BE FUN!

Edited by joespaz

...In truth, I think there was probably one complaint, and it was probably sent in by one person who already has complaints about the OPs other recent activities. I could be wrong though...

The boldened part is what I suspect also. Not only did the person possibly get several logs on caches he owns advertising the event, he might have also gotten one of those pesky emails about missing TBs and how joespaz is on a mission to have them removed from cache inventories. Adding on to all this, it is my assumption that all of the area caches are being cleared of TBs for this event by the OP. (I didn't check.)

As NYPaddleCacher suggests, your advertising might be doing more to scare people away than encouraging them to come. I'm sorry to say that I would be running the other way after seeing some of your tactics. You seem obsessive and overbearing in your approach.

I am sorry that you think that this is my goal...

I did not think that it was your goal to scare people away. What I was trying to point out is that your overzealous methods may be counter-productive.

I'm glad to hear that not everyone has the same reaction that I would have. Hope you have a lovely time at your event!