Garmin Colorado 400? Questionss

billmc40

I am still looking for smoething to use while fishing and to mark honey holes. I will also use it to mark strip pits I find so I can get back there. I get a little lost after I go cruising around find one and go look for another one. I have been looking at the Delorme P40, but have see nteh the Garmin Colorado 400 c or t have both dropped in price to 250 to 300. What opinions do you folks have of them. The more I research the more confused I get.

BillMc

They are the same, only different.

Both are good units, they just function a little differently. You are looking at higher-end units from respected manufacturers. When it comes to pick and choose, you alone can be the only judge.

It would be best if you could at least find a retailer that has them available for a "hands-on" test, thereby you can make a side-by-side comparison. Difficult to find such a store, though.

They are the same, only different.

Both are good units, they just function a little differently. You are looking at higher-end units from respected manufacturers. When it comes to pick and choose, you alone can be the only judge.

It would be best if you could at least find a retailer that has them available for a "hands-on" test, thereby you can make a side-by-side comparison. Difficult to find such a store, though.

I have tried to get my hands on a few models but no luck. Seems like in my area they are order only. Makes it hard to make a good desicion. I figured it I was dropping a little cash I could touch first, but not the case here.

BillMc

I run with the Colarado 300 and it is an awesome unit. Sorry no comment on the DeLorme as I have only ever used Magellan and Garmin. To each their own and I am sure you will find people who prefer one brand / model over another. The 2 units you are looking at are at the high range for both manufacturers so I doubt you will be disappointed with either model. It's almost the same old arguement about trucks..Chevy, Ford or Dodge...Only you can decide..

Garmin products are very easy to use and quick to learn. I had a DeLorme PN-40 for 10 days and hated every second of it. It is complicated to use, the battery only lasted 20 to 30 minutes, and the software would crash on launch. I also fish with mine. It's great to mark the hot spots and find your way back.