Garmin Vista HCx

Finell

Hi everyone

I justed started geocaching about 3 weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure out my GPS. I'm wondering if someone could answer a question. If I'm doing a multi-cache, and I find a cache with a second cordinate, how do I manually put in the cordinates in my GPS? Or is there an easier way to do it?

Thanks

Or is there an easier way to do it?

It's explained in the manual, page 11.

GermanSailor

Not really. I own the Vista HCX and there is no way to make a waypoint "from scratch". As Nordicman says, you need to mark your current location and then change the lat/long to what you really want to save. The manual says you can create a waypoint three ways; press enter at a location, create a waypoint on a map page, or enter coordinates for a waypoint manually. They don't list the third method and instead tell you how to do an edit of the first method's data.

Edited by guggie

Hi everyone

I justed started geocaching about 3 weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure out my GPS. I'm wondering if someone could answer a question. If I'm doing a multi-cache, and I find a cache with a second cordinate, how do I manually put in the cordinates in my GPS? Or is there an easier way to do it?

Thanks

Download a copy of the user's manual for the Vista c, a discontinued unit. The functions of the Vista c and the Vista HCx are identical. The older manual is much more comprehensive.

Hi everyone

Thanks

Download a copy of the user's manual for the Vista c, a discontinued unit. The functions of the Vista c and the Vista HCx are identical. The older manual is much more comprehensive.

Wow...You are right! The Vista C manual is SOOOO much better than the one I got with my Vista HCx. Thanks for posting!

Hi everyone

Thanks

i just got a vista hcx last week and to put in coords manually i just go go mark, then when the screen pops up to save it you scroll down to the data field that has the coords and it hit enter and change to whatever you want