Tracking sig items

Opalblade

In another thread someone mentioned the idea of using a travel bug's number to send out on all your sig items to help track them. Has anyone used this method? Obviously the mileage would be really funky and everyone would have to be grabbing it, but has anyone tried it?

Are there any other external sites that people have used to have people log finds of a sig item?

Has anyone tried just asking people to email you or msg you if they've found them to let you know where and if so does anyone do it?

Digitalfish has a signature fish that you can track on their own website: http://www.geofish.net/

Huh. That's one way to do it.

EDIT: Opalblade, have you looked at pathtags? www.pathtags.com

Yipes didn't know about travel bugs had that rule attached to them - I may have skimmed past that part.

I love pathtags and may do some at some point but want to try my hand at making my own sig items first. Have a dremel charging up right now and table covered in bits of wood and paint pens, etc :) Thank you for the thoughts so far. Wow wish I knew how to make a page like Digital Fish's - very very cool.

Yipes didn't know about travel bugs had that rule attached to them - I may have skimmed past that part.

I love pathtags and may do some at some point but want to try my hand at making my own sig items first. Have a dremel charging up right now and table covered in bits of wood and paint pens, etc :) Thank you for the thoughts so far. Wow wish I knew how to make a page like Digital Fish's - very very cool.

Yeah, the rules and guidelines for Trackable items aren't very comprehensive. I didn't see it mentioned in the Travel Bug FAQ.

There's a great thread over in the Travel Bug Forum that has much more information than the FAQ. It looks like the information has been gathered, but not digested and disseminated in the form of a link from geocaching.com. (Aside from a link to the TB forum.)