Updating Garmin Oregon 200 software

Zurfco

I've run the Garmin Dashboard on my new Oregon 200 twice now. Each time I follow the directions to upgrade the firmware. Each time after completing the upgrade, supposedly successfully, the Dashboard still shows that an upgrade is available.

Any suggestions?

I'll Google it, but someone had the Oregon wiki handy. I need to bookmark it. If it was you who had it handy, if you could just pop it in here for me in a reply, I'd be grateful. In the meanwhile, I'll try and find it with Google.

I've run the Garmin Dashboard on my new Oregon 200 twice now. Each time I follow the directions to upgrade the firmware. Each time after completing the upgrade, supposedly successfully, the Dashboard still shows that an upgrade is available.

Any suggestions?

I'll Google it, but someone had the Oregon wiki handy. I need to bookmark it. If it was you who had it handy, if you could just pop it in here for me in a reply, I'd be grateful. In the meanwhile, I'll try and find it with Google.

The Oregon Wiki is very useful but I think the answer to your problem would be to use the Web Updater.

Garmin Web Updater Page

Version 3.6 is the latest for the Oregon 200. If you have that installed (verify under Setup>About...) then dashboard might have a bug.

EXCELLENT! Thank you. It is on version 3.6, so the update worked and the bug appears to be with the Garmin Dashboard.

- Zurfco