Earthcache reviewers

markandlynn

In the UK we have geoawareUK i was curious to know if they are from or based in the UK or are based / from elsewhere, id guess the same question applies for the other regional approvers ??

I cannot answer your question for geoawareUK, but geoawareDE apparently is a native speaker of German and most likely a German cacher (He/she has written some contributions in the geoclub.de forum, the major geocaching forum in Germany. Switzerland and Austria have their own geocaching forums.)

Cezanne

EarthCache reviewers will exhibit the same characteristics are regular volunteer geocache reviewers with regard to access to their personal information.

Looks to me like most are in the closet and you won't see much personal information.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

I nearly added this to the original post but thought id made it clear enough in the wording of my question

obviously not clear enough though !

"I am not seeking to find out the geoawareXX's secret identity just their country of residence or origin" for instance if geoaware UK comes back with i live in england thats a good enough reply for me.

I assume you didn't have an issue with geoaware Reviewing capabilities, who apparently is not from the UK according to their Profile?

I'm just curious, but what changed in the interim for you?

nothings changed, allthough i note thanks to your very helpfull link that geoaware has this in thier profile

I'm not sure I see the relevance of that information in regards to their ability to Review Earthcaches?

Were you hoping to invite geoawareUK to an Event or something?

I assume you didn't have an issue with geoaware Reviewing capabilities, who apparently is not from the UK according to their Profile?

I'm just curious, but what changed in the interim for you?

nothings changed, allthough i note thanks to your very helpfull link that geoaware has this in thier profile

I'm not sure I see the relevance of that information in regards to their ability to Review Earthcaches?

Were you hoping to invite geoawareUK to an Event or something?

To clarify (again)

Im just being curious

i really really do not understand where you personally have got the idea from three posts that i am questioning their ability ?? or want to hold an event ?? IMHO all cache reviewers do a great job on this site <_<

i really really do not understand where you personally have got the idea from three posts that i ... want to hold an event ??

Oooh an event - sounds like fun (at least once I get out of the stocks and can dodge the rotten fruit and insults a bit better!) :D

geoawareUK has an active caching alter-ego, is based in the United Kingdom, and covers new EarthCaches in the United Kingdom and (for now at least) France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands.

geoawareUK has a BSc in geology from a decent Red Brick university, an applied geology MSc from Imperial College and has (some) experience of working in a geological workplace, although the geology is nowadays just a hobby.

geoawareUK likes long walks in the countryside, Italian food and enjoys both fine Somerset cider and Theakstons XB.

If you want to know more, then you really should do the decent thing and take me out to lunch :)

:unsure:

geoawareUK

Edited by geoawareUK

In the closet? :)

EarthCache reviewers will exhibit the same characteristics are regular volunteer geocache reviewers with regard to access to their personal information.

Looks to me like most are in the closet and you won't see much personal information.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

i really really do not understand where you personally have got the idea from three posts that i ... want to hold an event ??

Oooh an event - sounds like fun (at least once I get out of the stocks and can dodge the rotten fruit and insults a bit better!) ;)

geoawareUK has an active caching alter-ego, is based in the United Kingdom, and covers new EarthCaches in the United Kingdom and (for now at least) France, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands.

geoawareUK has a BSc in geology from a decent Red Brick university, an applied geology MSc from Imperial College and has (some) experience of working in a geological workplace, although the geology is nowadays just a hobby.

geoawareUK likes long walks in the countryside, Italian food and enjoys both fine Somerset cider and Theakstons XB.

If you want to know more, then you really should do the decent thing and take me out to lunch ;)

:ph34r:

geoawareUK

Cheers im guessing we know each other then ?

If you want to know more, then you really should do the decent thing and take me out to lunch ;)

Yes, I'd like to know more (but nothing on the private side), but it is very unlikey that I could ever take you out to lunch - except you come to visit my home town.

Isn't it very difficult to take care of caches in countries that are so different from each other? I encounter already difficulties to find out in my home country whether are certain area is sensitive from the environmental point of view.

I have some further questions, but they are of a more general type and not concern you, but the review process outside of the US in general. Does it belong to the task of the Earth cache reviewers in Europe to check whether submitted Earth caches lie e.g. in a nature protection area? In the Earth cache FAQ it is mentioned that in the US Earth caches near caves have to undergo a special review process (assisted by cave experts). Moreover, in the US, the permission issue appears to be taken more seriously than outside of the US. Are there any types of Earth caches in Europe that are looked at more closely? Are there special rules for the UK or for the Netherlands for Earthcaches that are not applied in other countries (I am asking this since I do know that the review process of physical caches has some country-specfic peculiarities in the UK and in the Netherlands, but they typically apply to the hideout which does not exist in the case of Earth caches.)

Cezanne

Oooh an event - sounds like fun (at least once I get out of the stocks and can dodge the rotten fruit and insults a bit better!) :D

If you want to know more, then you really should do the decent thing and take me out to lunch :D

:D

geoawareUK

Thank you.