Tigertag

Has anyone ever used a TigerTag? The idea is that you place a tag (sticker) on your GPS, camera, Ipod ect. and if it is lost the finder can log onto Tigertag.com and let you know the item was found, and make arrangements for it's return. The tags are nice and small and each one has a unique number on it that identifies the item. And the service is free! Got five sheets of the tags in the mail today and think it's a great idea, but was wondering if anybody has used them, and if so was a lost item returned.

That only works in the rate instances where you item is found by a honest person.

If that happens, then your cell phone number on the back would serve the same purpose and not cost you a membership fee.

We put asset tags, and set the home screen of all of the blackberries we send out to include our 800 number in-case the device is found... it seems to work only about 20% of the time. We only have 4-5 lost per year however, so my sample size is fairly limited.

Edited by Arrow42

When I got my new GPSMap 60csx, I programmed my name, cell phone number, and "reward if found" onto the welcome screen. I figure that it could help honest people be honest. If your gps doesn't have something like that a sticker would do the same thing.

Has anyone ever used a TigerTag? The idea is that you place a tag (sticker) on your GPS, camera, Ipod ect. and if it is lost the finder can log onto Tigertag.com and let you know the item was found, and make arrangements for it's return. The tags are nice and small and each one has a unique number on it that identifies the item. And the service is free! Got five sheets of the tags in the mail today and think it's a great idea, but was wondering if anybody has used them, and if so was a lost item returned.