Coin Icons Ruined?

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I've noticed in the list of Trackables has alternating color backgrounds behind the Name/Icon if each Trackable. There are many Icons that were specifically designed to be displayed in the plain white of the older format, and some are now ruined by showing as a white square on a blue background.

It would be great to see these Icons displayed as they were intended once again.

My yet to be uploaded Icon for my personal coin is supposed to be a black image on a background, not a black image inside a white square.

I also see that some Icons are not affected by the blue background. That's cool, but why the difference? Another possible problem will be any Icons that use a lot of the same color as the blue lines, turning them invisible?

OK, so my friend has just explained to me that the difference lies in the image including white as its background instead of clear(which would allow it to display properly on any clolr page) so an additional question is...

What's the process for getting an Icon changed after I get the artwork designed so that it will display properly on any color background??

For all the Icons that currently include a white square, do the owners have to send in a revised Icon to upload, and will GS update them for free, or are we stuck with the artwork we submitted, or have to pay for a new version to be uploaded?

I'm confused. What page is this on? On the cache page, all the trackables are against a white background. Only the bookmarks have an alternating background. Even the Navigation is all white, which I don't like. I prefer the old way with the Navigation on alternating backgrounds.

OTOH, I kind of wish the trackables would appear against alternating backgrounds.

Shrug. I think that looks nice. Sure, a few icons might need to be fixed to have a transparent background, but that should be an easy task.

I guess the question at this point is, once an Icon designer redesignd their Icon, will GS upload the new version for free, or charge to change the Icon as a courtesy. Are we stuck with what we sent them, regardless of what the site does with the background? Is it my own error, and now I have to just live with it? I can't site a specific example, but what about an Icon that now bleeds into the background?

Perhaps the icons should just be wrapped in a faint border to enclose them, and 'hide' the solid white backgrounds... just a minor workaround.

Or the column itself could be entirely white background while the other column rows alternate... *shrug*

Well, my friend is showing me how to make the Background(the part within the 32x32/16x16 space) turn invisible, so no matter the color of the website then I con will only show the parts desired. Now it's just a matter of getting the correcten Icons ulpoaded. I see that some Icons were already made that way, so it's just a matter of some others not being made right to start.