Underwater geocache? I need some help

Hi I am a local geocacher and I am placing an underwater geocache but at the same time i dont want it to fill up with water or be destroyed! :anibad: !I was wondering should I know about any water pressure stuff or should I leave in all year or take out. Please Respond! :anibad:

First the water pressure has nothing to do with the time of the year. Only the depth is a factor. At mean sea level you have a pressure of about 1 bar (~15 PSI) for every 10 meters (33') below the surface add another bar (15 PSI) of pressure. Since a logbook is required, it will be almost impossible to create geocache which has to be logged underwater.

BUT:

You can create a multi-cache where one stage is submerged and you have to dive (be aware it will be T5 if special equipment is necessary) for it. Otherwise you can create a geocache where you have to use some kind of (magnetic) fishing rod to retrieve it from the water.

With anything that is submerged you will need to check it regularly, or you design it in a way that it doesn't affect the stage if it gets wet. This could be done by using a engraved piece of plastic or metal.

GermanSailor

Thats the thing Ill tell them to take it up to log it im just wondering if theres anything i should know? ill put a bag inside and its an ammo can so it wont leak ive spoken to lots of people who have hidden ammo cans and it will be in a lake not an ocean so none of the ocean stuff will matter. Thanks!

I have one cache that is dry in winter and wet in summer. I used a gatoraide bottle with a quick release snap to allow it to be brought to the surface, though no one took the time to find it this summer. I will say that the eye-bolt through the top an silicone gel around the drilled hole made for a dry cache that was underwater for 7 months this summer.