Magellan Explorist 210 attachement options

MHmedia

Folks! I guess in common with many of you, losing and having to replace a GPS will impose a financial strain, so I need some opinions on how best to attach the GPS - in my case the Magellan Explorist 210 - to me.

I already have a collection of lanyards; some with with wide, strong straps, but they all have a weedy "safety" plastic connector at the end. The Explorist 210 has a fairly small hole at the end so I don't think I could put a split-ring through it. I was considering maybe a sea-fishing snap swivel which I could then attach to a strong lanyard.

Any ideas?

i'm not quite sure i understand what your lanyards are doing to keep you from doing it... but IF i understand right, you could probably cut off the safety plastic thingy and make a slip-tie knot in the end. Loop the slip tie through the clip and put the rest of the lanyard through that. If you do it correctly that knot you make on the clip will never give before the material itself gives, or you take the knot out. Or if you're a poor college student, DUCT TAPE!!! haha just kidding, i wouldn't use duct tape. the slip-tie knot should be a great solution to your problem.

Happy Caching

KrazyRaider051685

Folks! I guess in common with many of you, losing and having to replace a GPS will impose a financial strain, so I need some opinions on how best to attach the GPS - in my case the Magellan Explorist 210 - to me.

I already have a collection of lanyards; some with with wide, strong straps, but they all have a weedy "safety" plastic connector at the end. The Explorist 210 has a fairly small hole at the end so I don't think I could put a split-ring through it. I was considering maybe a sea-fishing snap swivel which I could then attach to a strong lanyard.

Any ideas?

Hahaha...I used to have your dilemma, and the solution was simple - get a different lanyard. You can get free lanyards all over the place, even without the safety clip. And, it is possible to put a key ring through the little hole. It's not easy, but it's doable. If I could find my 210, I'd post a pic. But, unfortunately, even the ugliest lanyard couldn't keep it in sight during a quick move. :unsure:(

If you can't find a lanyard without a clip, try doing something to the clip. Maybe some glue from a hot glue gun or super glue would do the trip to keep it form unclipping.

Good luck!