Google Earth and .gpx files

Shilo

Happy new year. :)

Did a search(useless) and didn't find this topic anywhere.

I'm working on the Georgia Delorme Challenge cache

You use to be able to make a PQ of your bookmark list, unzip it and drop the .gpx file into GE and it showed you ALL the waypoints on your GA map(.KMZ file downloaded). All you had to do was look at your Delorme squares and make sure you had a cache in each.

Now GE only shows 2 waypoints and you have to click each one of the rest to show a pointer on the map and it disappears as you click each one. Very hard to do with 20+ waypoints especially when they are all listed on 'places' list but wont show up on the map.

Anyone know what is wrong? I've tried 2 pc's, GE ver 4 and 5, and WIN XP, Vista and Linux(ubuntu 9) and all are the same. Did Groundspeak change the way the .gpx exports?

Thank you for any help.

You use to be able to make a PQ of your bookmark list, unzip it and drop the .gpx file into GE and it showed you ALL the waypoints on your GA map(.KMZ file downloaded). All you had to do was look at your Delorme squares and make sure you had a cache in each.

Now GE only shows 2 waypoints and you have to click each one of the rest to show a pointer on the map and it disappears as you click each one. Very hard to do with 20+ waypoints especially when they are all listed on 'places' list but wont show up on the map.

Anyone know what is wrong? I've tried 2 pc's, GE ver 4 and 5, and WIN XP, Vista and Linux(ubuntu 9) and all are the same. Did Groundspeak change the way the .gpx exports?

Thank you for any help.

Turn off the "Time line" in Google Earth. View menu / Historical Imagery. Alternately, click the clock icon on the toolbar. When this is on GE is only displaying caches that were placed during it's preset time line.

Thank you for any help.

Turn off the "Time line" in Google Earth. View menu / Historical Imagery. Alternately, click the clock icon on the toolbar. When this is on GE is only displaying caches that were placed during it's preset time line.

Thank you very much!! :)

That did it.