Delete Found Caches off my Garmin Oregon 550

I recieved a Garmin Oregon 550 for my Birthday. Does anyone know how to delete found caches off the Oregon 550 or any other Oregons?

Happy birthday! Because it is your birthday and also likely the last time of the year I'm answering this question, I'll describe it in full.

Fegan is not kidding, by the way. That wiki is a treasure trove of information about the Oregon and is much more useful than the manual.

First, there is no way to delete found geocaches, or any geocaches, on the unit. You need to do it from your computer.

Geocaches are found in e:\garmin\gpx, where e: is your garmin device (replace accordingly if it is not).

If the geocache is in its own file (usually if you load it using "Send to GPS") just delete that file.

If the geocache is part of a large file (GSAK or pocket query result) you need to either regenerate that pocket query, run GSAK again, or edit the GPX file using a text editor, without caches you've found.

There's also a file in e:\garmin called geocache_visits.txt. That records a list of geocaches you marked "found" or "not found", and any notes you typed in. If you don't need it any longer, you can delete it as well to prevent clutter.

Edited by Chrysalides