The great American cross country TB race of 2009!

Hobo2

I’ve been wanting to post this story for a month now, but better late than never. A race like this may have been done before, but I don’t recall hearing about one, so here is my story/race, hope you enjoy.

I’m from Utah and got acquainted with a fellow Cacher who lives in Maryland. One day we devised a plan to race some TB’s to each other. I started my two TB’s (TB27GQW & TB27GPH) in two of my caches (GC10DMK & GC173W5) in Utah on 4/4/09. He started his two (TB2AQWA & TB2AQX5) in his caches (GC1B172 & GC1PMGV) on 4/4/09 also, which are located in Maryland. The plan was to send our TB’s on a cross country race right to each others caches, to see who’s TB would make it to the finish first. Well I won! My winning TB traveled 2,270 miles in a little over 5 ½ months… quite amazing feat when you consider this TB only traveled from cache to cache, all the way across the country. We made a pact that who ever won the race, the other would have to send a cool geocaching coin as a trophy. I hear mine is on the way!

This has been a fun race to watch. Some TB’s are stuck… we figured this would happen, so this is why we sent out more than one. You are invited to watch their race (3 have not finished yet), or if you’re close to where one is stuck, play along and help it get moving again.

The TB that won will be sent right back home soon. I wonder how long it will take it this time?