"Search for nearby caches" in BaseCamp

MrsBean

Hi everybody, I have a slight problem with BaseCamp, I hope someone can help.

I used to use MapSource. With that, you can just right-click anywhere in the map, and select "search for nearby caches on geocaching.com" (or words to that effect, I use it in another language). Now, however, I have changed to BaseCamp as it's more suited to my new Dakota 20. Only I can't find out how to do this direct GC.com search (right-click doesn't work with base camp). Al the moment I'm copy&pasting the coordinates into GC.com, which is a bit annoying.

Can anybody tell me where to find that function in BC?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everybody, I have a slight problem with BaseCamp, I hope someone can help.

I used to use MapSource. With that, you can just right-click anywhere in the map, and select "search for nearby caches on geocaching.com" (or words to that effect, I use it in another language). Now, however, I have changed to BaseCamp as it's more suited to my new Dakota 20. Only I can't find out how to do this direct GC.com search (right-click doesn't work with base camp). Al the moment I'm copy&pasting the coordinates into GC.com, which is a bit annoying.

Can anybody tell me where to find that function in BC?

Thanks in advance!

I use BaseCamp too and from what I'm seeing, you aren't able to do that. Why not just do a pocket query for the area then import it into BaseCamp? Personally, I really like BaseCamp, but I do wish for it to eventually have more functionality. I've also used RouteBuddy and MacGPSPro and find BaseCamp to be much easier to use.

O.k., I haven't tried Pocket Queries yet (still a beginner), but will do that. I thought it was only for routes, but if you can cover an area with those, that would be great.

Thanks!

P.S. VERY off-topic, but your signature...

The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world, but IT WILL change the world for that one animal.

...just spooked me - as a little orange cat turned up on my doorstep (in the deep snow) yesterday, very skinny and hungry, and now (after eating his own weight in cat food) shows no inclination to move out again :o

O.k., I haven't tried Pocket Queries yet (still a beginner), but will do that. I thought it was only for routes, but if you can cover an area with those, that would be great.

Thanks!

P.S. VERY off-topic, but your signature...

The kindness one does for an animal may not change the world, but IT WILL change the world for that one animal.

...just spooked me - as a little orange cat turned up on my doorstep (in the deep snow) yesterday, very skinny and hungry, and now (after eating his own weight in cat food) shows no inclination to move out again :o

PQ's are for gathering and downloading geocache waypoints based on selection criteria of your choosing.

Cache Along a Route is for creating a route along a roadway which contains caches at a specified distance from the route. These caches are processed via PQ for creating a file that can be input to your GPSr or to something like GSAK for further management and then to the GPSr.

They are complimentary.