Terra nova tents

Ant89

Have you been in the superlight in the rain yet ?

Thought I read somewhere that weight was excellant, but it was considered a "fair weather" tent and not waterproof like the regular voyager. We found that unusual, since they're made in a Country known for it's weather (UK.)

I remember we saw an expedition model at an expo once...

Was surprised that they were a bit over the Hillebergs' in price.

They seem to be well made, but that price tag probably keeps 'em from being seen more this side of the pond.

There are so many more great manufacturers with (sorry) better products to choose from.

Would be interesting if you'd stop back with a product review after another season or two.

It's still a 4 (UK season) tent. For camping at higher altitudes than the UK offers I would rather use something with tougher fabrics.

Due to the coating on the flysheet it's not breathable, which means condensation is a problem so the door vent needs to be left open.

The 1st outing happened to be in the summer with lots of heavy rain. there was a lot of moisture on the inside, but I cannot confirm if it was the result of the rain coming through the top seam or a result of the rain cooling the fabric incresing the ammount of condensation. more research is needed into this.