cheating!

geocasher101

Well I pesonaly thought geocaching was for the fun of it. Not how superior you are to other cachers. (down means make fun of)

I think the issue is that people haven't read your profile and don't know you are in the 6th grade.

Most people will assume you are much older and take your comments as if they were coming from a person who has a little more experiece in the world.

Well I pesonaly thought geocaching was for the fun of it. Not how superior you are to other cachers. (down means make fun of)

Aah, well there you are getting geocaching confused with Groundspeak forums.

Geocaching exists for fun, the forums exist mainly for people who have lost that feeling of exhilaration and wide-eyed excitement from finding something hidden that ordinarily most people wouldn't know was there.

Instead, their first thoughts and emotions of a fun activity have been slowly replaced by bitterness, angst and/or feelings of superiority and entitlement. It's no longer a new game welcoming them in, it's their game that you are interrupting.

It's unfortunate but common amongst older folks along with resistance to learning new things or accepting change, and not limited to geocaching.

Best advice is steer clear of the forums if you want to have fun geocaching and above all in life, try not to become like those who look down on you now, by looking down on those who come after you.

You are right; I have a daughter your age that loves to cache and I am so glad that you took the time to post in this thread (she just loves to find them, I do all the legwork, hahahhaha). I don't know what those markings might have been, but it is for the fun so please just keep enjoying it :)