pictures in listings not loading

two bison

Are others having trouble with the pictures that are part of the listing not showing. Makes unknowns based on the pictures just a little tough to do.

I'm seeing pictures not loading on the main page, the forum sites and on any listings. Came here to see what was going on. Glad it's not just me!

Does anybody know what the problem is with any/all photos on GC.com? Even my avatar is an empty box. I tried downloading some photos I took today on a caching run and can't do that either. The usual two rotating photos at the top of the GC.cpm page are gone too! Photo galleries for individual caches are inaccessible.

Yet another glitch...............I hope they fix it soon.

img.geocaching.com might be down.

Pinging img.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.144] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.150.167.144: bytes=32 time=32ms TTL=116

Reply from 66.150.167.144: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=116

Reply from 66.150.167.144: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=116

Reply from 66.150.167.144: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=116

Ping statistics for 66.150.167.144:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 33ms, Average = 31ms

Server pings ok, but that doesn't mean much.

At approximately 7:30 PM PST (GMT-8), our image server crashed and couldn't be restarted remotely. We had to physically hand-restart the server and it came back up around 9:05 PM.

The exact cause of the crash is unknown. But it appears that the external drive enclosure crashed and it took down the server with it. In order to get the server back up, the external enclosure had to be power-cycled.

As a result, the entire array is rebuilding itself to verify the integrity of all the data. The rebuild process will probably run through most of the night and the image server will be noticeably slower until its complete.

:D Elias